Sommelier — HIDE — Hedonism Wines with Michelin* Chef Ollie Dabbous
Full time. Starting salary £28,000 - £30,000 plus incentives based on experience.
We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Sommelier to join our the team at HIDE. Michelin* Chef Ollie Dabbous & one of the World’s best fine wine boutiques Hedonism Wines have come together to create an amazing & innovative new wine & fine dining venture in Mayfair.
The wine list is an impressive collection of the most select vintages & producers, as well as being the largest restaurant wine list anywhere in London. Please note that sponsorship is not possible – all candidates must have the existing right to work in the UK
There are a number of benefits for a Sommelier joining the team:
- Competitive pay package;
- Extensive training tailored to each individual;
- Clear career progression;
- Staff meals on duty;
- Wine discount at Hedonism Wines;
- Full sponsorship for all Court of Master Sommeliers and WSET accredited wine & sake training courses;
- Generous staff discount in the restaurant.
Our Successful Sommelier will:
- Have an open and approachable manner and thrive on interacting with people;
- Have strong all-round fine Old World & New World wine knowledge;
- Have a strong level of English, additional languages are an advantage;
- Minimum of 2-years Michelin * experience or similar standard of service;
- CMS Certified Sommelier or WSET Level 4 diploma is preferred;
- Oversee a section within the restaurant supervising Junior Sommeliers;
- Ensure that all wine is served in proper glassware & in proper condition;
- Deal with guests & answering any questions regarding wine list;
- Pair & explaining wines with tasting menu;
- Build a rapport with regular guests;
- Look after the wine cellar & deliveries;
- Take an active role in the development of junior team members;
- Maintain the standards set for service by the Director of Wine.
As a Sommelier you will be in a working environment that has learning & development as its core ethos with a focus on team work & excellence in everything we do. As Sommelier you should be attentive, keen to engage with diners & immaculately presented at all times.